Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ugh... Hair


Okay... So I'm writing this to help myself 
remember something.
KaDee, DON'T CUT YOUR HAIR

Every... 3 - 5 years or so I get sick of my long hair and decide to cut it. Both times I cut it, it was completely spur of the moment. Not thought out at all. I just sit in the spinny chair and say, "Let's take it all off." The beutician tries to talk me out of it. "Are you sure?" And I just say, "Yeah, I'm ready for a change. Just do it." 

This was back in 2007:


BEfore


After


This was this year:

BEfore

After 
(This is my niece Hannah. I love her to death. She is on a competitive cheer team in Idaho Falls and comes down to Utah a lot to compete. So I get to go watch!)

Don't get me wrong, it's super cute and everything and I absolutely LOVED my haircuts... for about the first 2 months.
Then I start to notice all the girls around me with long flowing hair and I just want it to all come back.
It would be pretty sweet if there was a way that we could cut our hair and then have it grow out again when we ask it to. 
The other day I had a lady come in to get her teeth cleaned. I knew from the notes that I had seen her before but I really didn't think that this was the same woman. When I saw her before, she had long, curly brown hair that just laid perfectly and didn't get all nasty in the back from laying in the dentist chair. I remember it specifically because I thought it was so pretty. WELL this time she had a super cute short boy hair cut that was blonde with fun highlights. I thought to myself how drastic of a change it was and was amazed that the color was so perfect. Then I noticed something else... She had to adjust her hair when she laid back. 
IT WAS A WIG! 
Man... It made me seriously debate getting some wigs. Her hair was awesome BOTH times.

I decided I just don't have the hair to sport a short haircut. This is what I was going for this last time:
(I love Gwenyth.)

Well DUH! I could never get my hair to look like this. I don't have enough of it... And other reasons.

So KaDee, although you may think it's time for a change and that it has magically become thick enough to style it all cute and that you will ACTUALLY style is all cute everyday.... you won't. So don't!



2 comments:

  1. KaDee You are a BABE! I love your short hair but totally know what you're saying. My hair is short and all I see is girls with long hair. Always a dilemma... Oh, hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I'm laughing at the second picture! And I think you know why... :) ha ha ha!
    But on another note, your hair is cute!

    ReplyDelete