Saturday, March 3, 2012

Snowboarding Awesomeness

Every year we go to the "Warren Miller Show." It is a ski/snowboard movie premier and they always give out tickets to The Canyons in Park City. I go to it because it ensures that Nate will take me snowboarding at least once a year and it also ensures that he will drop his school work for one day and come with me.
This year, James also got a ticket so we all got to go together.
The snow was awesome.
I am so happy to report that Nate is catching on! He started out the day saying that he only wanted to fall "when he was trying something new." By the end of the day, he was pretty good a carving... and he did fall a few times but had a great time. Actually, Marli was the only one of us who DIDN'T fall. I ended up flat on my back, sliding down the backside of a jump headfirst and James caught an edge and left a nice body print in the snow. All James had to say about it was, "No pain, no gain."






They have some sweet beach chairs to chill out in... Unfortunately, they lack the Beach




2 comments:

  1. Looks Luke fun! I keep trying to get Scott to give up snowmobiling and take up skiing with me. Hasn't happened yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my heck! I didn't know that you skied! (Skiied, Skeed?) Anyway, We should definitely go together sometime!

      Delete