Sunday, March 4, 2012

ASL, adorable laugh, new tile

Ryker is such a personable child. He loves interacting with people and is naturally happy all the time. He loves when people come over. He smiles, jabbers and shows off for them. 
He has gotten pretty good at signing. We started signing with him when he was 9 months old and he picked up on "milk" really quick but didn't do anything else until just the last month or so. But now he does pretty much all of the signs that we do. It makes it a lot easier to communicate with him. He used to just SCREAM when he wanted something - now he yells to get us to look at him and then does a sign. He says "please" pretty much anytime that he wants something. How can you say no when he says please?!
We have a dog that is right across our backyard and when it barks, Ryker says, "Doge" like he has a canadian accent. It cracks me up. This video shows him doing pretty much everything I just talked about:




For some reason, when I make crepes, he laughs hysterically when I flip them. He does it every time. I don't understand why it's so funny but I'm glad that it brings him joy.


They recently put tile in our apartment. We LOVE it. The process, however, was not so great. We basically could not walk in our kitchen for a week... and then they did the BATHROOM. You can imagine how difficult that was. I had to be creative and get out of the house with Ryker. I decided to get a 7 day trial membership at The Sports Academy. I basically spent all my time there. Ryker and I went swimming and i worked out a lot. The few days that they were doing the tile in the bathroom, I would wake up at 5:30 in the morning to go work out because I had to pee and couldn't walk in the bathroom! At least having to pee motivated me to get to the gym early...
Ryker and I spend a lot of time at fun places to eat because we didn't have a kitchen.
Kneaders was a great place to spend a couple of hours. Ryker liked it - and the french toast.
I got to go see little Braden Papke as well. What a cute little baby. Congrats Natasha and Keaton!


No comments:

Post a Comment