Thursday, June 24, 2010

IT'S A BOY!

What wonderful news right?!
Ever since the start of this pregnancy, I've really just thought that it was going to be a boy. Maybe because I was wishing it, but at the same time I would have loved having a girl as well. Anyway, Nate and I only talked about boy names, we only thought about boy things, we just basically KNEW that it was going to be a boy. I conveyed this feeling, cautiously, to friends and family. I could always be wrong! well about a week before we found out it was a boy, I started to get these thoughts like, "uh oh, what if it's a girl? I've basically just told everyone that I think it's a boy."
When the nurse was doing the ultrasound, I was in search of something that could tell me whether I was right or wrong. I couldn't see anything and figured, "oh, it's a girl." But then she gasped and said, "Oh look! It's a boy!" She pointed at this random white line in the middle of the screen that DEFINITELY did not look too convincing!
I was pretty skeptical at this point... How on earth can you tell from that?! Then she put it into 3D and things became a whole lot clearer.
Hopefully you can see his arm and hand in his face, and his legs are kind of curled up and there between them... WaBam! haha. I started crying at this point and looked at Nate. He had a huge smile and then he said, "Little Ryker!" (He thinks this is what we'll name him... I'm sure he'll get his way but you never know, a lot can change in 4 months.)

Here is another 3D picture of our precious little boy. His head is in the upper right corner and he has his fist in his face. his little legs are crossed at the ankle. haha! So cute!
We called my mom first because she made a fuss about us not telling her first about the baby. The way we did it was priceless and Nate and I were laughing so hard... Mom wasn't too happy. We called her on her cell phone and said, "mom! It's a... Isn't that exciting!" I made it sound like the phone cut out at that second and then she was like, "WHAT?! I didn't hear you!" and I said, "It's a..." and then I hung up the phone. Oh, I'm sure she was ticked. She called right back and eventually we told her and she was super excited. I did the same thing to dad and we heard him say, "stupid phone!" Good times.
I had to call my brother Richard and tell him right off because he wanted a boy so badly (or so he says, I know that he would never trade his beautiful little girl).

We are beyond excited for our Son of God to come to earth and be with us. I know that he could not wait for the chance and when he saw that 4 of his cousins would be coming down this year, he jumped at the slighest oops from mom and dad. haha! Well we are certainly glad he did! I definitely can't wait to meet him and I hope that we can be wonderful parents.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats you two!! It's so exciting to see the Hoffer family growing!!
    -Love ya!
    (all Jed and I can think of is Nate yelling "BABY" Haha )

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHAHAHA! Nate STILL does that! Actually, now he yells at my stomach, "Baby? You ARE in there!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! Those pictures are awesome! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete