Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ryker's Room


 I finished this project a long time ago but I haven't had the chance to take pictures of it yet. Seems like the times I get a chance to take pictures of Ryker's room are when he is asleep in it!

Back when Nathan was 12-14 years old, he made some model airplanes.  His mom was awesome and saved them and gave them to us when we got married. I really had no idea what to do with them. I thought they were super cool but I had no place for them. Then I had the best idea ever... to make a mobile for Ryker's room! After I hung them up, Ryker would point to them every morning and make a plane sound. He loves them.
So then I really wanted to paint his room as well. I was just going to paint it a plain color but then I went to Ikea with my sister Heidi and her kids. They had one model room that had clouds painted on it - I was inspired.

So here is the finished product!





1 comment:

  1. That's a super cute room and I love the fact that Nate made those airplanes!

    ReplyDelete