Sunday, November 7, 2010

I've been pregnant for 6,432 hours!

Well I haven't had him yet. I know I said that the next time I would post would be when he got here but I wanted to share the thoughts that have been going through my mind the past couple days. I think it will be funny to come back and read this in years to come and to see how much of a baby I was.

Last night I woke up at 2:30 in the morning. Dead awake. The only thing I could think about was how I REALLY wanted to go into labor. (Funny right?) I started thinking about school and how hard it was going to be if Ryker came late. I actually got super frustrated and was almost mad that I hadn't had him yet! It was so stupid because I've always known that he wasn't going to come until at least the 9th but there was just this burning rage inside me about why he wouldn't come! Then... I got a leg cramp. haha! It was a sign I think saying to stop being such a retard. I screamed and Nate freaked out and I had to reassure him that the baby was not coming. I told him how frustrated I was and he just told me that it didn't matter when he came, everything would be okay.
Pretty sure that every mother I've talked to in the last week has said that they went past their due date by a week! A WEEK, PEOPLE! That's another 168 hours of being pregnant!
I would really be okay with it but school just scares me. I have done so well thus far and I hope I don't fall behind.
Also, let me just put in the record that I have not just sat around, hoping that Ryker would magically appear - I have made a good effort. I've gone to school up to this point, we've went hiking for 3 days straight and we went to the football game and I walked all the way to the top of the press box to video with Nate and back down to video on the field. I have definitely not been a lazy pregnant girl!
I know I sound frustrated but I hope to convey a lesson to those of you who are also suffering from pregnancy fatigue: The Lord has a special moment in time when your baby will be born. We went to stake conference today and the primary president talked about the Lord's timing. She said that the Lord knows when you want something but He wants you to have the faith to ask for it. So off I go to have some nice study and prayer time. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hope he comes soon! I know a few people who have went past their due date. Would your doc not strip your membranes? I did a ton of walking like 5 miles a day & I think it helped. You will do great with school but I can understand how you feel. I was always having dreams that I had Bailee before boards & I couldnt take them. Sadly instead of being overjoyed with my bundle of joy all I could think about was oh no my boards. And I always felt kinda bad for all the stress I put her through but she is just fine :) Hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh KaDee, I feel your pain! We are anxious for Ryker to come too! Good luck, and know we're praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete